Why the rush?

Have you ever noticed how everyone is always rushing around? I am the worst. I allow myself to sleep in everymorning so that I am always in this huge rush to get to work on time. How many people do you know that could tell you that it will be 8:01 when they get to work if they dont have their socks on by 7:47? Yep thats me. Usually the socks go on at 7:48.. and I run across the parking lot at work. Once in awhile someone mentions something like "good afternoon".. but really.. what is one min? Its never more than 2. Its not like I take four 15 min smoke breaks throughout the day! Anyways.. for some reason I cannot seem to get myself to bump up that schedule 15 min so that I am always on time with 10 min to spare.. let alone slow down and drive the speed limit of a meager 50km/hr to work. Speaking of speeding.. it is way more fun to drive over the speed limit.. 100km/hr on the highway feels like I am crawling along like a turtle. I knew that would be a problem the day I test drove my truck. Even said to the ford sales guy in edmonton "this truck is going to get me in trouble".. luckily i have been driving it for 9 months and so far nothing. Knock on wood. Today I got pulled over. Yep.. somewhere between Hythe and Beaverlodge Allana is cruising along (and by cruising along I mean I conciously set the cruise) at 130km/hr.. I set it at this cause it is better than the 145 I would probably be doing if I didnt set the cruise! I have determined that this speed gives me the adrenaline and feeling I require AND really isnt that much faster than the 120 many other people are driving at. Regardless apparently the RCMP doesnt agree. So he flashes his lights at me on the way by.. "Maybe that was a flash warning" I think.. NOPE.. he turned around. Great. So I safely pull over to the side of the road.. turn on my signal light and try and make my dog stop barking. Buddy cop takes his sweet time walking up to my door. Did I mention I was late for a tupperware party? lol. Abbie is still barking. "Do you have your license and insurance and registration?" "Yep" I say confidently. I hand him my license out of my purse and dig in the glovebox and pull out the registration and insurance.. Apparently not only was I speeding but my insurance card is not up to date.. mr.cop mentions something about me getting towed. (UHOH) - then he starts comparing my license and registration (thanks to kristy THIS is up to date) - or at least I think it is. Nope I guess its not either. I guess they dont like my lister hall address from 4 years ago! Funny. I am totally thinking this is not going to be a nice ticket. And then! Mr. Cop says "so can you tell me why you were going 130?" - I didnt really think he would like the story about the adrenaline and feeling OR the being late for the tupperware party so I mumble a "I dunno" with a nice big smile. Well my smile worked.. "ok well slow down, I know its easy to speed on these nice summer days" and he hands me back all my stuff. NO TICKET? Not even a warning? Nope.. YAHOO.. he made my day! But the adrenaline was long gone.. especially as I heed his advice and set the cruise at 105 - I just couldnt bring myself to go the limit! Did I learn my lesson? Probably not. I will go get my license and insurance fixed though. As I am driving along after that I think "well its been almost exactly a year since they pulled me over".. yep last time was on the way to cancun last may... may 9 or 10 I believe - cant hardly get closer to a year than that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as though you are implying that it is my fault that the address is not up to date on your licence. For your info it has only been in the last year that they started issuing tickets for that. Which really pisses me off because the governemnt makes you pay to change it. If they are going to be rude and issue tickets, then why can't the damn governemnt pick up the tab. Also next time just for ask the cop if his/her address is updated......because apparently they don't believe in spending the money to update and they feel confident that they would get it ticket for it. Way to go on leading by example jack ass. I will ask Constable Dum Dum Davidson if his is up to date when he pulls me over for making his wife cry......hahahaha...... Anyways I know a place you can go to get the address thing fixed:)

Anonymous said...

Why did it say I am anonymous I put my damn name at the bottom:( I hate computers

Anonymous said...

I received three tickets on the same date March 13, 1992, 93, 94.
In 1995 on March 13 I took the bus !!! I guess that broke the cycle. Kirk in Deeeetroit