Sweeten Up

Everyone adds sugar to their coffee, their cereal, etc - why not to the people in their life as well? Sweeten up - add a little charm.. a few compliments.. maybe hold a door. Today started like crap. I slept through my alarm, completely missed going to the gym and "prepping" for another frustrating day at work.. got to work JUST on time, only to encounter a scrap of paper on my desk from who knows where with just enough info for me to know that I actually needed to deal with it ASAP. Next thing I know S is rushing around mumbling about some order that needs entered because the truck is here to load it- which turns out to be the same order as the scrap of paper. But no time to celebrate the mystery of that being solved cause right away a new one appears, and to top it off three people (out of a total of 5 other coworkers) have basically bitten off my head all in the first 20 min of what was already a crazy day. People! Where is your sugar? Did everyone get up on the wrong side of the bed? Luckily there is always a forklift out back for me to ROAR around on and vent some frustration so that I dont accidently stoop as low as the other three and chew on one of them.

Later.. I was sitting here thinking about how nice it would be to get a "sugar" comment sometime when things are happening successfully and all is normal - no one seems to take the time THEN to say anything. And then I remembered that I would actually rather no comments at all as I really dont feel good after the negative ones and I never really know what to do or say when a positive one comes about. Just last night I was "window shopping" (you'll have to ask me) and someone was doing the whole compliment sugar coating thing and it just made me friggin uncomfortable! Then over lunch I was clicking on random peoples blogs (still so new to this I gotta check out what people are writing about).. and I found one about this very same topic. Crazy! Click on that link to read it.. be sure to read the comments.

Well tonight is the first golf game..wish us luck! And by the way.. our team needs a fourth so any ladies out there interested - give me a shout!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like your day started like mine.. My alarm never did go off and I wooke up at 8:30 (I didn't quite make it there on time). What a frustrating way to start the day, all in an uproar! So tell us about your "window shopping" experience...
PS, your link doesn't work!

Anonymous said...

HAHA, as I posted that I remembered a time long ago when you turned to some old man to ask if someone had pissed in his fruit loops (i think its supposed to be cornflakes) but none the less it was funny!!

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»