Say Cheese Australia!


cuz I have my camera out!
Sunday.. cont.
Well here is one of the dolphin pics :) and ofcourse some beach pics! On sunday after the show and tell and meet the quilters of Port Macquery we were supposed to go to the Koala hospital. Mom and I decided to go for a walk instead. So we walked across town to the hospital.. and had extra time.. so back to the beach :) There was a little girl there that looked just like Decklyn - at least from a distance! It was beautiful out! I managed to even get some color.. and sore feet! Met up with the bus when they were done their tour and hit the road. Boring. haha.. good ole bus trips. Luckily it wasnt sooo far this time.

Monday
We are now in Coff's Harbour at the quilting conference. We arrived yesterday late in the day and got all checked in and registered. Supper was canape's at the welcome party!

We are staying at the Opal Cove Resort and it's pretty nice. Fairly in the middle of nowhere though - about 5km out of town. I got up this morning and checked out the beach (our room faces the parking lot.. so no nice views here!). The waves sorta surprised me.. I was standing on the beach taking some pics and poof all of a sudden I was wet up to my knees! Ha Ha so much for that pair of capris! Up to the room to change and then down for breakfast with mom. Mini pancakes are the thing to eat here! Totally cute and almost as good as homemade. Definately a welcome change after toast and bacon or cereal everyday. Gotta love the continental breakfasts!

After breakfast we found our workshop and begun figuring out the rented sewing machines. Oh brother. Lol.. they were Brother's and I totally couldnt keep my needle threaded - I think I threaded it a 100 times today! sheesh. Anyways.. after cutting, sewing, cutting those, sewing those.. all day.. I have 36 blocks ready to go for what I think will get to be a baby quilt. Anyone feel like giving me a years notice? Apparently it takes that long for me to finish these things.

Tonight mom and I caught a cab into town to hit the supermarket and the liquor store.. and ice cream :) mmm.. tomorrow Mom is sewing and I am playing hooky and hitting the beach.. not super duper hot.. but hot enough :)

0 comments: